The government has confirmed that non-essential retailers can open on Monday the 15th of June, so long as they comply with the COVID-secure guidelines.
The COVID-secure guidelines are summarised below:
- Carry out a COVID-19 risk assessment
- Develop cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures
- Help people to work from home
- Maintain 2m social distancing where possible
- Where people cannot be 2m apart, manage transmission risk.
The detailed list of COVID-secure guidelines has practical actions for each of the above steps.
These steps should be used in conjunction with the guidance for specific workplaces . For non-essential retailers, of most use will be the guidance for shops & branches , and the guidance for restaurants offering delivery or takeaway.
Once you have completed all of the above 5 steps to work safely, you can download and display the Staying Covid-19 Secure in 2020 Poster , to communicate with customers you have followed government guidance to minimise the risk of COVID-19.
Please do email once you have completed the COVID-secure guidelines, as we can promote your business on our social media channels.
Should you need any signage, the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health has created Covid-19 signage to display in your premises to encourage social distancing:
- Limiting the number of customers entering the shop
- Maintain 2 meters distance when queuing outside and inside the shop
- Keep a distance of 2 metres at all times