25-30 hours per week
|Bingham Town Council
|Permanent, Part Time
|£21,575 to £21,968 Pro Rata
|Nottingham, NG13 8AL
Looking for an Administrator job role offering interactive and interesting work, with work-life balance flexibility to boot? Want to work within a small, supportive team? Do you enjoy customer-facing work as well as the fulfilment of organising and completing a rich variety of office administrative tasks?
Administrators at Bingham Town Council play a vital front-line role in engaging with public services across the community. From funerals to fairs and allotments to play parks, this is rewarding work at the heart of the local community. No two days are the same.
This Administrator role is a part-time position for between 25 and 30 hours per week. We will accommodate working hours for the right candidate, such as flexibility for kids or pets etc., but you will need to commit to four mornings, focused on our core hours between 9am to 1pm.
Bingham Town Council is an established and supportive influence within a market town steeped in community spirit. We have received the Foundation Award, from the Local Council’s Award Scheme, in recognition of our achievements in governance, community engagement, and council improvement.
- A standout LGPS pension featuring a 21.3% employer contribution
- An interesting and varied role interacting directly with public enquiries/services
- Sector-specific, professional training to get you up to speed and develop your skills
- Flexible working hours (around core hours) to suit your personal circumstances
- 23 days’ annual leave (pro-rata), with bank holidays on top
- Festive shutdown; three extra days of holiday between Christmas and New Year
- A 26-day annual holiday entitlement (pro-rata) after five years’ employment
A local hub for outlying villages, Bingham has a bright and busy future inclusive of a new town pavilion, new play park, new homes, and annual summer fair and Christmas Light event.
Joining a small team of four, your role as Part-time Administrator will help ensure all aspects of our work are recorded and filed correctly. As the first point of call for picking up the phone, you’ll be involved in a variety of admin tasks and public service subject areas.
Daily duties include arranging bookings for funerals and function rooms, accounts system data entry, and administrative assistance to ground staff. Far from being deluged in data and limited to the mundane, you’ll have opportunities to speak up and contribute new ideas and skills.
- Experience in customer service and/or customer-facing work
- IT proficiency; comfortable using Word and Excel for basic daily office tasks
- Letter writing; writing skills proficient for professional, formal letters
- Availability to work either four or five mornings (Monday to Friday) as part of your working hours
The Next Step…
Click here to apply – and then look for a follow-up email, which will be automatically sent to you by Adhook, which is supporting the recruitment marketing of this job opportunity. Respond to this email, as advised, to complete your job application.