Key Contacts for Flooding Emergencies
- During a flood event RBC will prioritise the delivery of sandbags to those most vulnerable and at risk of immediate internal flooding of habitable rooms (not garages or gardens).
- Please use the RBC contact details below so that your call can be correctly logged and information shared with our teams.
- RBC do not deliver sandbags to commercial businesses.
- Be aware that during a flood event the road network may flood which can mean access and the delivery of sandbags to homes may not be possible therefore being prepared in advance is vital.
- Check if you have a local flood resilience store in your area operated by local Town and Parish Councils as you may be able to obtain sandbags during an event from this location.
- Finally please be prepared – if you’re at risk of flooding it’s vital to take steps to protect your home by fitting flood protection measures and keeping your own stock of sandbags.
Contacting Rushcliffe Borough Council
Phone: 0115 981 9911 (Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5pm)
Phone: 0115 981 1143 (all other times)
RBC work closely with key partner agencies in a multi-agency approach to emergency planning and response.
If your community is affected by a flooding emergency please see useful contact details and information below.
Phone: 0345 988 1188 (Floodline: For advice and information)
Website: www.gov.uk/sign-up-for-flood-warnings (Sign up online to receive flood warnings in your area)
Severn Trent Water
Phone: 0800 783 4444 (24 hours, For reporting emergencies such as sewer flooding)
Nottinghamshire County Council
Phone: 0300 500 8080 (Customer contact centre)
Phone: 01253 502 776 (Out of hours, For reporting drainage problems on the highways network)
Phone: 105 (Free number to call for Power cut)