Part Time | Permanent | £19,600 to £20,043 Pro Rata | Nottingham, NG13 8AL
Looking for an Administrator job role offering interactive and interesting work, with work-life balance flexibility to boot? Want to work within a small, supportive team? Do you enjoy customer-facing work as well as the fulfilment of organising and fulfilling office administrative tasks?
Administrators at Bingham Town Council play a vital front-line role in engaging with public services across the community. From funerals to festivals and car parks to play parks, this is rewarding work at the heart of the local community.
This Administrator role is a part-time position for between 12 and 16 hours per week. Monday and Tuesday mornings are required, focused on the core hours of 9am to 1pm. We will accommodate the circumstances of the right person for the role, whether flexibility is needed for kids or pets etc.
- A standout LGPS pension featuring a 20.2% employer contribution
- Flexible working options (around core hours) to suit your personal circumstances
- An interesting and varied role interacting directly with public enquiries/services
- Support and escalation options to a Senior Administrator
- Learning opportunities, including courses to develop your skills
- 22 days’ annual leave (pro-rata), with bank holidays on top
- Festive shutdown; three extra days’ holiday between Christmas and New Year
Bingham Town Council is moving forwards with a new Clerk, a new culture, and new opportunities. Working with an Improvements board, the Council is at the start of a new and exciting chapter, with a host of progressive projects developing a market town steeped in community spirit.
A local hub for outlying villages, Bingham has a bright and busy future inclusive of a new town pavilion, new play parks, new homes, and renowned beer and classic car festivals.
Joining a small team of four, your role as Part-time Administrator will help ensure all aspects of our work are recorded and filed correctly. The first point of call for picking up the phone, you’ll be involved in a variety of admin tasks and public service subject areas.
Daily duties include arranging bookings for funerals and function rooms, accounts system data entry, and administrative assistance to ground staff. Far from being deluged in data and limited to the mundane, you’ll have opportunities to speak up and contribute, and no two days will be the same.
- Experience in customer service and/or customer-facing work
- IT proficiency; comfortable using Word and Excel for basic daily office tasks
- Letter writing; writing skills proficient for professional, formal letters
The Next Step…
Click apply – and then look for a follow-up email, which will be automatically sent to you. Please check your junk/spam folder if necessary. Respond to this email, as advised, to complete your job application.