In response to the local petition that was submitted by Bingham residents to Rushcliffe Borough Council in 2021, Rushcliffe have agreed with Bingham Town Council to establish a local Improvement Board to:
- Deliver an action plan responding to the issues raised in the petition presented by the Bingham Deserves Better Group
- Support improvement in the Council’s wider governance arrangements
- Ensure that a range of voices, including those independent to the Council contribute to the development of governance at the Council
- Help the Council to develop a culture of respect between Councillors and between Councillors and employees
The Improvement Board comprises:
- Jonathan Owen: Chief Executive, National Association of Local Councils
- David Pye: Lead Analyst, Commissioning & Research Team for the Local Government Association, and parish councillor
- Neil Taylor: District Council Chief Executive (retired)
- Rowan Bird: Bingham Town Councillor
- Gareth Williams: Bingham Town Councillor
As part of this work two days on the 18th and 19th of January, 2022 have been set aside for interviews with Bingham residents to hear their individual views.
If you would like to meet the Improvement Board on either of these days please contact the Bingham Town Council Clerk Town ( or 01949 831445 ) to agree a convenient time for a personal meeting with two members of the Improvement Board.
The Board are looking forward to hearing a range of peoples’ views particularly about what improvements could be put in place for the future. So please make an appointment if you would like to participate in this process.
Bingham Improvement Board