Permanent | Full-time | Nottingham, NG13 8AL | £27,344 to £34,723
Are you motivated by meaningful, community-focused projects? Do you enjoy variety and learning opportunities? Are you striving for leadership responsibility and career progression potential?
This Deputy Clerk role is no eyes-down, desk-bound data-driven role. At Bingham, you’ll be a key conduit between strategic and corporate ambitions of a rejuvenated council that’s working at the heart of progressive projects developing a market town steeped in community spirit.
- A mutually agreed contract of between 28 and 37 hours per week
- A standout LGPS pension featuring a 20.2% employer contribution
- Flexible working options around core office hours of 9am to 1pm, Monday to Friday
- 22 days’ annual leave, with bank holidays and three days at Christmas on top
Under a new Clerk and after recently working with an Improvements Board, Bingham Town Council is driving a bright and busy future inclusive projects to progress a long stay car park, enhanced community facilities at two sites, and support for the town’s programme of events.
In this role, no two days will be the same, and your duties will be far from mundane. With us, you’ll be a go-to figurehead across daily operations, finance and payroll, and legal and statutory provisions. You’ll also deputise for the Town Clerk and RFO in their absence.
The Next Step…
Your day-to-day work will play an active front-line role inclusive of responding to public enquiries and phone calls, preparing and recording agendas and meeting minutes, and data-related tasks via our accounts system. Project support will be a key aspect of your role and you lead supportive work for the progression of Council decisions.
As the first point of contact for a small team of administrators, you will be trained in leading all aspects of office administration alongside leading the delivery of Council services and projects, with support from the Clerk. You’ll also field incoming enquiries and liaise with the Clerk on signing off legal matters and problematic issues. The Clerk has performed this role, previously.
The Key Requirements…
Ideally, you’ll offer proven local government experience and public-sector knowledge; however, if you are a versatile business professional with proven project leadership skills who is confident in offering transferable experience suited to this position, we’d still like you to apply – we can provide training in key areas.
- Previous experience working in and progressing a small team
- At least three years of customer/community-focused experience
- Experience in a variety of admin functions/tasks, including finance
- IT proficiency; comfortable using Microsoft Word and Excel, daily
- Letter writing, report writing, and project support experience
- A composed and confident character who enjoys variety, pace, and problem-solving
- The drive to integrate and motivate a small office team whilst delivering for the community
Apply and look out for a follow-up email that will be automatically sent to you. Please check your junk/spam folder if necessary. Respond to this email, as advised, to complete your job application.